Autodesk Maya first-time users spend a long time learning the tools the software provides. Though thanks to our lessons, anyone having the desire to learn something can save enormous amounts of time.Though in this tutorial will show you the steps involved in Creating a camera in Maya and how you can animate it.
By default, Maya has four cameras that display scenes for you. As you make these scene changes, the camera panel shows the like kinds (perspective, front, lateral, top), and sequential evaluation lists each of the orthographic viewpoints as you make them.
To select one of these viewpoints or change the scene you are currently using, open the Panels menu and select this view or perspective.
Before you can make these changes, you’ll need to follow the points listed below.
Steps To Create a new camera
- Go to create and click on it.
- From Drop Down Menu Navigate to the Camera Option and click on it.
- Choose the camera and click on it.
How to view your scene through the new camera
Sometimes new camera might not display your scene correctly in this instance, you can manually view it. Below are the steps you can follow to view your scene through the newly created camera.
- Select the camera in the viewport.
- Select View > Cycle through Cameras in the view panel menu. The camera name appears at the bottom of the viewport.
steps to animate the camera in Maya
There are many ways to animate a camera in Maya. You can also use keyframes to animate the camera.
- Select the camera and Go to translation tools to animate the camera using the controls window.
- This window contains all of the controls for animating the camera. You can move and rotate the camera and change its properties such as height and focal length.
- To animate the camera using keyframes, you first need to select the camera. And then Key it on the first frame and move the camera to wherever you want it to be and then again key it.
- This will create an animation curve for the current frame. Next, you need to add keyframes for the position, rotation, and properties of the camera.
In conclusion, animating a camera in Maya is a fairly simple process that can be achieved through a few steps. By following the instructions provided in this article, you should be able to create an animation that suits your needs.